12.02.2008

The Green Rules of Engagement



A growing number of night clubs are incorporating energy efficiency and sustainability into their designs. Manhattan's Greenhouse, is hoping for LEED certification from the US Green Building Council. In the Netherlands, Club Watt has been using dancing as a renewable energy to power its lighting systems.

All of which has me thinking. Besides the obvious environmental benefits, I bet men and women who frequent these clubs, will also receive a boost, in the form of all new, suggestive, frame-of-reference, pick-up lines.

"Haven't I seen you somewhere before? Oh, right. You were running through my dreams last night. Let me buy you a drink."

Lines like this have become so stale and unoriginal. I think you're more likely to engage one's interest with a more clever, conservation angle. Try something like,

"Hi, I'm Steve and I can make love as efficiently as those LEDs that light the dance floor."

Too technical? How about a fresh angle on an old standard,

"I'm either happy to see you or that's a giant wind turbine in my pants"

Too much? Need something more direct? Use this,

"Excuse me. Do you know where I can recycle these lips?"

The last one is bound to get you some kind of a response. Anyone else have suggestions? Please leave a comment.

No comments: