6.10.2009

HTTP 500 - Internal server error



Blogging is my addiction. I fiend for the clever headline and bad pun. Lee Aase is fond of saying, "Comments are like crack to bloggers." And if I ever got any, I tend to think I'd agree. Real life, I suppose then, is the intervention. Those bottom lines and family commitments have a concerned way of trapping you, confronting you in a corner with what a waste of time all of this is. Yet somehow I've made it to 500 posts. What started as extended content for Yeah, I Figured That Much quickly dissolved into my own mess of indulgent, bloated commentary. Talk about talk, but no one was listening. So I changed the title. The Shit Between was too loud to pull in readers. Give people shit and they'll treat it like shit, I reasoned. My writing softened. La Dolce Gangster seemed a better indication of where I was and where I was at. Plus is it sounded hip, credible and no one else had claimed it. Things have since settled nicely into the short burst pop culture and occasional rummage into my personal life that at least some folks find to their liking. To those readers, thanks for not giving up on me. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need another hit.

No comments: